Custom Search

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Celebration 2009 (Part 2)

This post will be the continuation of my previous blog post, Christmas Celebration 2009 (Part 1). For those who have missed it, you can click here to read it.

My previous post was about my experiences on Christmas Eve. So this post, I’ll be talking about the things I did on Christmas day. Lets begin. On Christmas morning, I went to church at 9.30am. The church was packed with people. Some of them even stand throughout the service (pity them). We started singing Christmas Carols and then there was a performance from the children department. The children recite some bible verses and sang Every Move I Make. They are so adorable when they started colliding with each other while doing actions for the song.

After that, the Carolling Team sang 2 carols, Silent Night and Joy To The World (Acapella). I love hearing them sing Joy To The World because the way they sang it was harmonise. It just make me smile the whole time hearing them sing it. I manage to record the video with my handphone and I’ve converted it to an audio clip for you guys to hear (sorry for the poor sound quality. I can assure you that hearing them singing live was much better than this recorded one).

Then there was a singing performance from the Chinese Department. I’ve no idea what was the song title. It’s not because I’m not paying attention, but it is because I’m a “Banana”.

banana

Yes I admit that I’m a “Banana”. Happy?? (for my overseas friend that is reading this blog, the meaning of banana means “I’m a Chinese who do not know how to read/write in Chinese”).

The last performance for the service was from the Adult Department. They sang 2 carols and everyone started exchanging Christmas present after that. It’s nice to see people’s faces when they received their present(s). I received mine too. It’s a tiny cup with a bear in it (sorry I forget to snap a picture of it).

My family and I had our Christmas Dinner in Sendo No Ya, a Japanese Restaurant in town. Sendo No Ya would be one of the two dinning area for us besides Sushi King.

Sendo No Ya

Sendo_No_Ya

I ordered a bowl of Sakana Udon for myself. I liked the taste of the Udon served with the flavoured soup. Overall my dish was nice but the only thing that I dislike about it was the Grilled Unagi and the Deep Fried Fish was in the flavoured soup together with the Udon. It’s because by the time I eat, the sauce on the Unagi have been diluted into the soup and the Deep Fried Fish was soaking wet.

Sakana Udon

My other family members they ordered Seafood Hot Plate, Unagi Bento, Seafood Fried Rice, Salmon Don and Fried Udon something something (sorry, I forgotten the full name, blame it on my sis because she can’t remember what she ordered) Haha.. I manage to take a small bite out of all the dishes stated above except for the Salmon Don.

The Seafood Hot Plate was served with a bowl of rice. This dish was yummylicious. The sauce that they used was spicy, sweet, and salty. Everything was “ngam ngam ho” perfect. I regretted not ordering it.

Seafood Hot Plate

The Unagi Bento was nice. I manage to take a bite out of the Unagi. I just love the sweet taste and soft texture of the eel (although it look like a snake).

Unagi Bento

Seafood Fried Rice would sound a little ordinary to some of you. But I can assure you that the Seafood Fried Rice served in Sendo No Ya is delicious and it’s something different compared to an ordinary restaurant. I’m very sure about this because my dad ordered Seafood Fried Rice 3 times in a row every time we eat there. :-) (sorry, I didn’t snap a picture of the Seafood Fried Rice).

Alright, here a picture of the Salmon Don. Unfortunately I didn’t taste it. It’s because I was busy snapping photos of other foods.

Salmon Don

The only thing that I could remember about my sister’s Fried Udon was the prawn was big and the taste of it was spicy and a little bit sour.

Fried Udon

We also ordered other side dishes such Dragon Roll, Salmon Skin sushi, Soft Shell Crap Roll, Unagi, Salmon and etc.

It’s my 1st time eating Salmon Skin sushi and I enjoyed eating it because of the crispiness of the salmon skin.

Salmon Skin Sushi Dragon Roll Sushi

So that’s it. Basically that what I did during this Christmas. Had lots of laughter here and there with my family members. Enjoyed it very much. I won’t forget what we laughed about on that Christmas night. Hahaha…

2 comments:

babybear said...

wah...hungry d!!

Chan Clement said...

haha..u see the picture also "liu kou sui" right..but really the foods are nice there

Post a Comment

Other Interesting Post

Related Posts with Thumbnails