Custom Search

Friday, December 25, 2009

Avatar (2009)

Everywhere I go, I saw posters and advertisements about the movie, Avatar. Trailer of this movie was being displayed on the screen in public places. People are talking about this movie and are giving good feedbacks since the day Avatar was released.

Avatar-Poster

A few days back, my life was basically surrounded by things related to Avatar. Even the word “Avatar” kept appearing in my mind. So I told myself that I need to watch this movie before Christmas (because after Christmas I’ll be busy with my studies already).

To be honest, I didn’t know what is the story about. I didn’t read the synopsis or watch the trailer of this movie even before stepping in the cinema to watch it. All I know about this movie are there will be creatures with blue face and there will be loads of action and shooting scenes. That were the reasons why I wanted to watch Avatar in 3D. But unfortunately tickets to watch 3D Avatar in GSC ECM were sold out for the time that I wanted. So I bought the normal ticket instead.

Actually I was quite disappointed not able to watch Avatar in 3D. I was more disappointed while watching the movie because there are many scenes in the movie that will be fantastic if watched in 3D. For those who have watched Avatar, still remember the scene where Jake Sully & Neytiri were walking in Pandora where there were many colourful lighted plants? The scene where Jake Sully acted like a “baby”, touching every plants that he saw? Can you imagine how beautiful will it be if you watch that scene in 3D? I confess that throughout the movie, I mumbled something that goes like this “Haiz, this scene will be nicer in 3D.Wasted!”

Overall, I liked the movie very much. The storyline and the way this movie was presented is something different compared to other movies that I’ve watched. So, for those who haven’t watch Avatar, you still have 1-2weeks left to decide whether or not to watch it. If you decide to watch, I would recommend that you watch it in 3D. As a saying goes “It’s better to be sure than sorry”. Don’t be like me, still having the feeling of regrets in me.

Frankly speaking, sometimes I do think of watching Avatar again, this time in 3D (just for the sake of satisfying myself ^_^). But on the other hand, I’m hoping that there will be a 2nd part of this movie. Maybe the title will be “Avatar 2: The Return of The Sky People”. Haha…

Rating 4.0

2 comments:

Chan Kelwin said...

Will be watching this tomorrow. Not in 3D though. Many good reviews on it so expectations are high. Watched Chipmunks 2 last night. That was nice as well.

Chan Clement said...

Heard someone saying 3D Avatar is nice also. So you decide. Tell me what you think about the movie after you have watched it.

I'll be watching Chipmunks 2 also tomorrow. Hopefully its nice.

Post a Comment

Other Interesting Post

Related Posts with Thumbnails