Custom Search

Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Contractor To Be

Sometimes I envy my friends who are staying in another college. Their rents are cheaper, toilets are nicer, and the most important thing is that the conditions of their room are way better than mine.

I have the opportunity to step into two of my friends room who are staying in other cheaper colleges, and guess what I saw? Yeah, their room were super messy Their room are nicer than mine. The floor was tiled and their room was fully furnished with big & solid cupboard, table, and bed. However in my case, my room floor was not tiled but it was cemented! Yeah, CEMENT instead of TILES!! (The word CEMENT looks like my name, CLEMENT, don’t you think so? But please don’t call me CEMENT or else I’ll whoop your sweet & sour chicken ass). 

But don’t we deserve better facilities since we are paying more $$$ compared to the students in other colleges? I’m not complaining though. I’m actually quite thankful that I’m staying in my current college because the environment here is to my liking, the college authorities are always taking care of our welfare and the most important thing is my faculty is a stone's throw away from my college (5minutes walk). That allows me to sleep longer and still be able to attend my class on time (for those who know me, you know I’m telling a lie right. Shhhh  ^_^ ). Yeah I know, I’m always late for classes. I have the habit of snoozing my alarm and I don’t know why.

So, I did some mini “renovation” to my room to make me feel comfortable and satisfy with it. To be honest, I’m a big fan of the tv programme called Pimp My Ride where they modify people’s car for free.

pimp_my_ride_logo

So, I’ve created my own title for my mini renovation, which is “Pimp My Room”. Haha..

Pimp My Room

 Room Condition (Before)

The picture above shows how it looked like before the mini renovation.

Room Condition (After)

And that’s how it looks like after adding that polystyrene on the wall. Some of you might be wondering what in the world I did that for right? Well, I did that so that it would be easier for me to stick some notes on it as a reminder for me to complete my assignments, homework and etc. :-)

If you are observant enough, you will realise that my table is very messy. You will notice that there are many wires on my table leaving no room for me to put my books to study.  So I’ve decided to do another mini renovation.

 

Room Condition2 (After)

As you can see, my portable speaker is now on the wall instead of on my table. Curious how I did that?

Portable Speaker

All I needed were 2 nails, a hammer, double sided tape and a strong arm.

bicep

Although, my table still look a bit messy, but I can assure I have more space to study now without the portable speaker on my table.

2 comments:

Ken Wooi said...

haha.. college hostel rooms..
they are always messy right?
mine was too! =P

kenwooi.com

Chan Clement said...

haha yeah.. I don't have a memory of it in a tidy condition also..haha

Post a Comment

Other Interesting Post

Related Posts with Thumbnails