Custom Search

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

All The Way From China

I heard rumours going around that there was a new Chinese food stall that sells “La Mian” just open for business somewhere in University(For my overseas friends, La Mian is a type of hand-pulled noodles).

So, right after my class at 2pm, me and my friends decided to have our lunch there. This is how the place looks like.

Chinese Food Stall

The stalls are selling loads of other food besides La Mian. Since the rumours that we heard only mention about La Mian, so the 5 of us decided to eat La Mian for our lunch. When the chef was preparing for our meals, I stood there and watched him pulled a lump of flour until it was thin and long.

La Mian Process

La Mian Process 2

La Mian Process4

I’ve never seen anyone preparing La Mian before. So that was my 1st time, and it’s right under my nose! How cool is that. (This chef is from China and there are some other Malaysians working along with him. It seems that they own a restaurant in KL).

There were some shredded chicken together with the noodles and it was served in a polystyrene bowl. The portion of the noodles is between small and medium and it cost RM4 each. So for those who are small eater, this bowl of noodles would be just nice for you. But for those who can eat, like me, that bowl of noodles won’t make you full.

La Mian

By the way, for those who are not good at eating spicy things, my advice is please, I repeat, PLEASE don’t mix the chilli paste in your soup. It’s really spicy. Don’t believe? See the pictures below and you will know what I meant.

Spicy La Mian

Look at what the chilli paste has done to the colour of the soup. Still not convinced enough? Alright, look at the picture below and you will know that we used a lot of tissue papers because our eyes and nose watered while eating the noodles.

Aftermath

Overall, the texture of the noodle is soft and the taste of it is nice. For those who are interested, this stall is located at Level 1 FSSK and it’s directly in front of Persatuan Mahasiswa FSSK (PMFSSK).

Persatuan Mahasiswa FSSK (PMFSSK)

Operating Days: Monday – Saturday
Operating Hours: 9am – 5pm (maybe will extend until night, not confirm yet)

Rating 3.0

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha~ clement, this is my 1st time reading your blog.. u shd blog more tho. :P miss m;sia foods.... -.-"

Chan Clement said...

Anonymous: huh? What!?!?! 1st time reading my blog? Shame on u!! haha..lol joking only.. 1st time or 2nd time who cares, right? most important u came and u read my post :-)

yes good, im motivated by u already. Sure i promise i'll blog more. :-)

but 1st of all u have to tell me who are u 1st le. so i can write on some of malaysia's nice food that u like.

Ray Yeap said...

Yahooooo...ukm gt chinese food!!!!!!!bt is islam chinese food...haha....bt oso gud for us d...

Chan Clement said...

r8y: yeah nice, something different loh. always eat cafe food, very sien.

Post a Comment

Other Interesting Post

Related Posts with Thumbnails