Custom Search

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Chinese New Year, 2010

Few days before Chinese New Year, I started receiving Chinese New Year dedication gifts from some of my friends in university. Some of my coursemates gave me things like Oranges…
 chinese new year dedication2

Loads of Oranges @_@

oranges

And some cute little tiny oranges with a basket as a container.

chinese new year dedication

I didn’t eat the oranges, instead I packed it all up in my beg because I’m travelling back home the following day. I definitely won’t want to have “lau sai” (diarrhea) half way through the journey due to over consumption of oranges.

And the last dedication gift was from my direct junior, Wendy. It is a keychain which resembles the year of the Tiger.

tiger keychain

Upon reaching home the following day, I was shocked to see 3 things. The 1st one would be the amount of cookies that were in my house. After gathering and arranging all of the cookies that I could put my hands on, this is how it look like.

cookies

Could you imagine the amount of cookies I will be eating during my 1week CNY break?

The 2nd thing that caught my attention was this.

boxes of oranges

Look at the amount of oranges my parents bought.

The last thing that caught my attention was this packet and the things that is inside of it.

dried chicken meat

For those of you who don’t know what is that, it is something edible. You can choose the type of meat you prefer(dried pork or dried chicken meat). My family used to called it Square Meat (in Hainanese), I guess it’s because of the shape of it.

So I think that’s all for now. I would like to take this opportunity to wish all of my friends and my readers, Happy Chinese New Year and Gong Xi Fa Cai. Wish that you will prosper and be in health in the year of Tiger. And most important of all, “Happy Angpao Hunting” yeah~ ^_^

angpao 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Interesting Post

Related Posts with Thumbnails